My name is Lauren Alder. I am an elementary education major at IUPUI. In addition, I am working towards being certified to teach middle school math. I live with my parents, my puppy Sonny, and my two kittens, Lilly and Baby. I also have a big brother who doesn't live too far away. My faith is important to me and consider God a priority in my life. I am most happy when I am helping others and love when I am able to have a positive impact on someone. I enjoy creating and designing new things. I love drawing, scrapbooking, and putting together a variety of crafty projects.
I love spending time with kids, and especially enjoy watching them achieve their goals. Kids seem to have an extraordinary excitement towards new experiences, which I find inspiring. I have always enjoyed being around kids, but did not realize I wanted to be a teacher until this past summer. Last summer I babysat two boys and one girl. My experiences with the three of them made me realize not only that I love spending time with children, but that I also enjoy teaching them new skills. The kids were so excited and proud when they learned how to do something new, and I was just excited for them. I felt lucky to be a part of their growth in those skills that were so new and exciting to them. I am going to babysit all three of them again this summer and can hardly wait to see them!
When creating my blog, I first experimented with all of the different options as far as settings and layouts are concerned. I originally chose a picture in the header and chose colors to match for the text and background. I then did some searching online for a new layout design that was a little more colorful than what I previously created. I decided to change the layout by using an html code I found on PYZAM.com. I recommend searching the website for a layout. It was extremely easy to apply the layout to my blog. With all of the different options, I think most everyone could find at least one layout design they like. All in all, creating and setting up this new blog has been a wonderful experience!
Thursday, May 27, 2010
About Me
Posted by Lauren Alder at 10:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment